- Listed: May 20, 2010 10:08 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Rotorway Exec 90 Helicopter, Professionally Built and Maintained!
This beautiful example of a Rotorway Exec 90 helicopter was professionally built and maintained by an A&P mechanic. It received its airworthiness certificate in 1993. My brother and I purchased this last year for conversion to a turbine powered JetExec aircraft. A month later we found and purchased an unnassembled kit that included the JetExec conversion kit. So we presently own two Rotorways and must sell one. It was difficult to decide which one to keep because this unit is of such quality construction with a beautiful paint job. But we opted to keep the unnassembled unit so that we could experience all phases of construction of our ship.
This helicopter starts and runs smoothly. I have posted a video on YouTube of it running at full rpm at the following link:
A second video on YouTube better shows the exterior of this ship as I do a walk-around while it sits trailered behind my Rav4:
We will be glad to demostrate running the engine and the rotors to a prospective buyer, but please see the Airworthiness Disclaimer paragraph below.
You will note in the photos and videos that the sale includes a custom trailer that is painted to match the helicpter paint scheme. The trailer is a modified boat trailer of fully galvanized construction and includes a new spare tire. It is in like new condition and incorporates a stainless steel support for the tail boom as well as a centrally mounted enclosed box to transport the main rotor blades. We used this trailer to tow the helicopter home from Texas to Pennsylvnia and it trailered beautifully.
* Paint finish is professional and shiny and appears to have always been stored indoors.
* The complete logbook shows all maintenance work was done by A&P mechanics.
* Includes original builders manuals and maintenance manuals.
* Engine starts and runs smoothly and engages the rotor system smoothly.
* Engine compartment and oil bath pan are clean and leak free.
* All gages work except for the Main Rotor Tach which is intermittent.
* Ballast weight and foot steps are chrome plated.
* The main rotor shaft is the larger 1 3/4″ diameter shaft.
* The mandatory Main Rotor upgrade was done at Rotorway factory in May 95.
* Includes a VAL COM 760 TSO Com Radio and antenna.
* Built in intercom for pilot and copilot.
* Includes a transponder tray wired to a transponder antenna, but no transponder (see photo).
* Complete history of builder/owners available to purchaser.
* Only 248 hours as detailed in logbook.
* Perfect platform for KISS JetExec conversion.
And Some Minor Blemishes…
* Some cracks in the hinge area of the plexiglass doors (see photos).
* Main Rotor tach needle “bounces” to full scale when nearing operating rpm range (loose wire?).
* Small surface cracks in paint in small area at front of belly pan (see photo).
Possible 162F (Fadec) Upgrade
We will also offer for sale on Ebay in the near future, a brand new (never removed from crate) fadec Rotorway engine complete with the ASIC (turbocharger) option and dual fadec computers. This is part of the other Rotorway kit (2000 model) that we purchased for our JetExec conversion. So please watch for it, or send us your email and we will notify you when it is on Ebay.
When we have run the helicopter, it has been locked down on the trailer (see YouTube video) and appears to be straining to take off! However, we have never taken it off the trailer and for obvious liability reasons, this helicopter is offered as a non-flying machine, for parts only, as-is, with no warranty! The previous owner removed the airworthiness certificate at time of sale for liability reasons and the purchaser assumes full responsibility for determining and achieving airworthiness of this beautiful machine by working with your local FSDO!
Option to ‘Back Out’
Since it is always difficult to ’size up’ an Ebay purchase such as this without actually inspecting the equipment in person, I will agree to the following ‘Back Out’ arrangement:
If the buyer changes his/her mind after viewing/inspecting this Rotorway Helicopter in Meadville, PA, then the buyer may ‘back out’ of the Auction agreement and will forfeit only the $200 ‘Auction Costs’ downpayment (see Payment Terms below).
However, if the Delivery Option is requested (see below) and the buyer ‘backs out’ after inspecting the helicopter as the delivery location, the full delivery charge ($2/mile) as well as the ‘Auction Costs’ downpayment will be forfeited.
No feedback (positive or negative) will be left if the buyer ‘backs out’.
Downpayment of $200 to cover ‘Auction Costs’ must be made within 48 hours. Remainder of auction amount must be paid in full before helicopter will be released to purchaser. All payments (downpayment, delivery charge, balance payment) must be by Paypal, Cashiers Check or Money Order.
I will offer to deliver the Helicopter using the included trailer to any area within a 500 mile driving radius of Meadville, PA. Delivery charge will be $2/mile to be paid in advance of delivery. $1/mile will be credited toward purchase when transaction is completed. Delivery charge will be based on one way driving mileage from Meadville, PA as determined on Google Maps. Preferred delivery day is Saturday.
Otherwise, shipping or pickup arrangement must be arranged and paid for by the buyer.
Please Note: This helicopter is also offered for sale on other sites, so auction may be ended early due to prior sale.
12959 total views, 4 so far today
Popular Ads Overall
- Air Command 447 Autogyro Gyrocopter Ultralight Gyro (21366 views)
- Beautifull New Factory Built Mosquito Xe Helicpter Sale (17595 views)
- Rotorway Scorpion 133 Helicopter (16449 views)
- Rotorway Exec 90 Helicopter - A&p Built & Maintained (12959 views)
- Rotorway Scorpion Ii Helicopter (11069 views)
- Bensen Gyrocopter (10749 views)
- 1967 Uh-1h "huey" Helicopter (military Bell 205) (9162 views)
- 1978 Hughes 300c Helicopter (9071 views)
- 'g-1 Ultralight Helicopter Partial Kit' (8470 views)
- Helicopter Aircraft Simulator, Cyclic Collective Pedals (7947 views)